Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 08:49:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <stanb@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable List)
Subject:   4.4 RC safe for laptops now?

About a week agao (last Saturday to be exact) I cvsup'd 4.4 RC onto my
primary work machine, which is a laptop.

It broke badly. Specificly none of the pcmcia cards word work because of
incorrect IRQ assignments. I maanged to get it back working by
up(down)gradding to 4.2 (the most current CD I have).

Has this been fixed, and is it safe to try cvsuup'ing again? I'm anxious to
do this, since my source tree doesn't match thie installed kernel or
binaries at the moment.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@panix.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC