Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:41:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Don <don@calis.blacksun.org>
To:        "Brian G." <madcow413@msn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compiling kernel :(

> whenever i try to run it i get an error and a question wheter i have added
> USER_LDT option to my kernel
> which brings me to my current problem
> whenever i attempt to compile my kernel i get this after a while :
The answer to your question is in the file you sent:

> umass.o:/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/umass.c:2683: more undefined references to
> `xpt_done' follow

> device		umass		# Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

You have defined umass but the driver specifically says it requires scbus
and da which you have not defined.

The same is true of your network cards. You have defined ethernet cards
whcih require the miibus and yet you have not defined the miibus device in
your config file.

The answers are there but you need to sit down and actually read the
kernel config file. If you randomly delete or include options without
reading them then the kernel is not going to compile.

-Don