Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:06:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Shawn B <shawnblan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ISP connection issue

I am fairly new at *nix and FreeBSD. I am attempting
to run a privately owned, publically accessible web
server from a PC running FreeBSD 4.8. I configured
ppp.conf and rc.conf for the *old* ISP settings (the
ones that worked a year ago), and now they do now
work. I cannot connect the machine to the ISP.
Although PPP does enable, I cannot resolve any
domains. The ISP is Bell-Sympatico (Canada), and they
are completely unwilling to help me, or provide
software that will accommodate *nix systems
specifically. They do, however, have PPPoE software
for Linux. Since I am new to FreeBSD, I do not want to
try this software unless I know it will work ok. The
software is available here
http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cfm?method=content.view&content_id=1138&category_id=99

I have tried every possible option I could conjure-up
with no avail. I have even exhaustively searched the
FreeBSD Handbook and Man pages on-line, and other
resources (such as Google) were no help.

I thank you for any help yous' may provide to me. I am
running short on time and patience in getting this
system on-line. If this should have been send
elsewhere, please let me know.