Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2006 01:42:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug@safeport.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem Install SuExec on Apache 1.3

I know I am missing something simple, but I can not get the sbin/suexec wrapper
to compile building apache 1.3 on a 5.5 system. My last attempt was to remove
everything and then do:

  make fetch
  make extract
  ./configure --enable-suexec --suexec-caller=apache
  make
  make install

This install works fine but /usr/local/sbin/suexec is not compiled and using cgi
give an SuExec wrapper not installed messages. My apache setup is otherwise
okay. I can get SuExec working by copying the missing module from a 4.9 system
along with one other missing module. thanks for any ideas.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug@safeport.com