Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:40:25 +0100
From:      Martin <nakal@web.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Found a working Gigabit Ethernet TC902X driver for STABLE

Hi,

I got a new network adapter (Longshine 8039TX; take a look here:
http://longshine.de/data/index-eng.html). I have been looking for
drivers for STABLE and found this post:
http://www.atm.tut.fi/list-archive/freebsd-stable/msg08427.html

It mentions a module, which you can download here:
http://www.icplus.com.tw/Data/driver/TC902X_FreeBSD.zip

The chipset comes from the company:
Tamarack Microelectronics Inc. in Taiwan.

I installed it on my STABLE box and it seems to work fine.
Can someone of the committers take a look at the sources
and add it to the ports? I think the license is OK (it
would be better to contact the author to be sure).
I hope that you can confirm that it is safe to use this
module.

For those who want to try it, here some advice (it's really
weird, so read it please):

1) unzip the file in an empty folder
2) extract the tar-ball
3) rename the Readme.txt to rio.tgz
4) extract rio.tgz
5) cp the Makefile from ./rio subdirectory
   to the directory with the module sources
6) create a soft-link "pci -> ." in
   the same directory
7) run make
8) done, the result is: if_rio.ko