Date:      Wed, 07 Dec 2005 06:58:07 -0500
From:      "Bill Schmitt (SW)" <software@schmittnet.com>
To:        "Gestur A. Grjetarsson" <gestur@ec.is>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems booting FreeBSD 6.0 on IBM Blade Center H40

Gestur A. Grjetarsson wrote:

>after alot of time spent in this problem, I still have no solution to this and no help yet,  is there nobody using IBM Blade and FreeBSD?
>
>I've used FreeBSD since 1994 and never had a problem like this.....
>
>but, I tried to boot from Gentoo Linux, and it detects everything fine with all lun's useable without any apparent problem
>

>is FreeBSD not going to support IBM Blade?
>it seems that I'm forced to stop using FreeBSD for Linux.... I'm not happy.
>

>kveðja/regards
>Gestur

FYI, I've had an issue where I can install from the ISO disk in 4.10 and
4.11, but hang when it boots from the Hard Drive. From 5.x on, I can't
even get through the installation from the CD. In both cases, it hangs
at the end of the detection process. 4.9 worked fine, but I'm getting
further and further behind with software updates. I tried submitting it
as a bug, but nobody seems interested in working on it. Clearly
something changed in the detection process at that time.