Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:23:55 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Pack of CAM improvements

--------------enig1C16E17E03DE133328835B8F

Alexander Motin schrieb am 19.01.2010 17:12 (localtime):
=2E..
> Patch can be found here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/cam-ata.20100119.patch
>=20
> Feedback as always welcome.

Again, thanks a lot for your ongoing great work!
The patch doesn't cleanly apply with vpo, but I don't use vpo so I=20
didn't care.
Otherwise I couldn't find any problems.
The system detects reinserted SATA drives on ICH9 fine.

This was tested on a zfs backup server which went to the backbone=20
yesterday, so I can't physically remove any devices any more for testing.=
=2E.

But I had some questions about zfs raidz states. I think that isn't a=20
matter of atacam but if I removed one disk, zpool status still showed me =

the ada3 device "online".
After reinserting (and proper detection/initialisazion with cam, ada3=20
was present again) and zpool clean, it set the devicea as UNAVAIL sinve=20
I/O errors.
I coudn't get the device into the pool again, no matter what I tried.
Only rebooting the machine helped. Then I could clean and scrub.

What are the needed steps to provide a reinsterted hard disk to geom?=20
With the latest patches I don't need to issue any reset/rescan comman,=20
right?
So it's a zfs problem, right? My mistake in understanding?

Thanks,

-Harry