Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 1997 20:55:31 +1030 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith), freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: getty patches

In article <199702030348.OAA02656@genesis.atrad.adelaide.edu.au> you wrote:

: I am _particularly_ interested in this, as I have a couple of (paying)
: ISP customers who very much want to integrate user logins to BSD
: machines with their radius authentication environment.

: At the moment, the only path I could see that offered some solution
: was the Linux/Sun 'PAM' (pluggable auth modules) stuff, which looks
: horribly ragged from here.  If there's some sort of alternative, I'd
: really like to know about it.

: (The results of this work would be free to be integrated into the
:  tree, yes.)

 This interests me.  I've seen the radiusd port, which I take it is
 the radius daemon management stuff.. and i've seen some code that
 lets a PC+lots-of-serial-ports look like a radius portmaster...

 If all this code is available then a quick hack plug for at least
 login, if not most of the passwd/group functions, shouldn't be
 too hard???

 Login classes are obviously more elegant, and creating an authentication
 module once the architecture is in place would seem to be not
 to difficult?   From what I understand of David's work he's pretty
 much getting their for the framework+guts, patron brings fillings..

 Am I missing something to this :)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds