Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 10:10:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        daniel_sobral@voga.com.br
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Driver

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998 daniel_sobral@voga.com.br wrote:

> 1) It would be nice if the driver would compile both under 3.0 and 2.2.
> Now, I realise this is not _really_ possible, because the define I have to
> check does not depend on what you are compiling for, but on what the gcc
> was compiled under. Now, if someone would tell me _what_ this define name,
> I'd be really grateful. Again, if there is any driver in the 3.0 tree that
> does this trick already (same driver under both 3.0 and 2.2), would someone
> kindly indicate it to me?

What about including osreldate.h?  It does depend on the include files
being installed, but other than that, that's not necesarily compiler
dependant.  It only assumes that you're not cross compiling.
Realistically however, two seperate versions are probably the most
bulletproof idea.

El hombre mas brillante dijo una vez "Cuidado hay NT". (it's a nerd thing)

- alex