Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:01:14 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Errata committed (was Re: RFC: Errata on CDROM installs (was Re: ATA Atapi 4.6 Release))

--==_Exmh_-1742010786P

If memory serves me right, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/doc/errata/article.pdf
>
> If this works, I will commit it and get it onto the Web site so users
> experiencing this problem can get a workaround in one easy-to-find
> place.

I committed the aforementioned errata two days ago.  I've removed the
file at the URL above.

I've noticed the above URL show up in a bunch of places, including an
osnews.com discussion article and a PR response.  The authoritative
location for FreeBSD errata is either the FreeBSD Web site (or, slightly
less authoritatively, my RELNOTESng snapshot site).

It is wrong to refer users to a draft which, at the time I posted it for
feedback, had not even been committed to the FreeBSD source tree.  This
opens up the possibility of giving users information that has not yet
been reviewed or checked for correctness.

I thought that this would have been obvious, but I guess I'll need to
be more explicit about this issue in the future.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1742010786P

--==_Exmh_-1742010786P--