Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:02:50 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rapidnet.com>
To:        shocking@prth.pgs.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Roadrunner cable modems & FreeBSD

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Steve Hocking wrote:

> I've just moved from the one street in the Perth, Australia metropolitan area
> that didn't have cable access to Houston, where I have a plethora of choices.
> The apartment I'm planning to move into has Roadrunner access. Does anyone
> have any experience with setting this up under FreeBSD?

	Yes, I am running several machines with RR.  dhclient seems to
	work alright.  The DHCP leases expire, but you always get the same
	IP and there is little inbound firewalling within their network so
	I can ssh,telnet, or web serve to my home machine.  I am using
	nos-tun between several machines within this network, created a
	VPN between fellow employees across their FreeBSD machines...so
	far so good.  Just don't port scan across their network or they
	lock your MAC address out ;-)

Nick Rogness
- Speak softly and carry a Gigabit switch.