Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 05:08:09 -0500
From:      Erik Sabowski <airyk@aristotle.7521.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Uninstalling nvidia drivers on freebsd-5.0

I installed the nvidia drivers on freebsd-5.0 by commenting out
the appropiate lines in src/nv-freebsd.h, but all it does is make
my machine freeze. So I tried to go back to the nv driver, but
when I did X gave me this error:

Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!

I reinstalled Mesa thinging that might fix the problem (since it
seems to be a gl thing) but that didn't change anything. So I
tried to just take "Load dri" out of the X config file. When I
do that, X crashes on "[GLX]: Calling GlxExtensionInit". How can I
restore my system back to normal? Or better yet, how can I get the
nvidia drivers working on freebsd-5.0? I think I have heard at
least one person on here had them working.

erik