Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 07:54:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freebsd.org!chat
Subject:   Many Julians and Many Garys

Reading the recent comments about too many Julians and too
many Garys - I just had to relate this story.

When I was about 11-12 years old; growing up in South Carolina,
I went to a week-long summer camp.

As I arrived at that small cottage that would be my shared cell
for this ordeal, I introduced myself to the 8 or so other "campers",
as Dave Rivers; simply to find that every one in the hovel was
also named "Dave" - including the counselor.

For an entire week, we had to choose alternate names - "Dave" was
simply forbidden as untenable.

I suppose someone had a good laugh over that.

So - it seems it can get much worse before we need to resort to
such drastic steps :-)

	- Dave Rivers -