Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2001 11:23:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem solved - (was Re: Another SCB timeout lockup - this time with console logs!)

    Tor directed me to PR 19226.  At the very end of that sequence of bug
    reports it turned out that Dell had a motherboard problem on early
    2400 motherboards.

    From Tor: "If you have a chip with a thermal weakness (W158H)
    instead of a thermally more robust chip (CY2210PVC-2) you might want
    to replace your motherboard."

    And, indeed, it turns out that My DELL 2400 motherboard has the W158H
    chip on it, and our two DELL 2450's (which do not exhibit the problem)
    have the newer CY chip.  That cinches it, we'll be getting a new
    motherboard from Dell.

						    -Matt

:    Ok, it happened again.  ahc0 and fxp0 both went poof and started
:    looping on timeouts.  Here is the console log.  I included a bunch
:    of the repetitions.  It repeats forever (I have another 15000 lines I
:    didn't include).
:
:    This is on a DELL2400.  I've included the dmesg.boot and pciconf
:    output at the end.  This is the first time it has happened (about
:    3 weeks) since I upgraded the Dell BIOS to A07.
:
:    While this occured with the new fxp driver, the same problem was occuring
:    with the old driver as per a previous incident.
:
:						-Matt
:
:fxp0: SCB timeout: 0x80, 0x0, 0x90 0x0
:fxp0: SCB timeout: 0x80, 0x0, 0x90 0x0
:fxp0: SCB timeout: 0x80, 0x0, 0x90 0x0
:fxp0: SCB timeout: 0x80, 0x0, 0x90 0x400
:fxp0: device timeout
:fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xe0, 0x0, 0x90 0x400
:fxp0: SCB timeout: 0x86, 0x0, 0x90 0x400
:fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xc0, 0x0, 0x90 0x400
:fxp0: DMA timeout
:...