Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 02:06:03 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Andrew Maltsev <am@amsoft.ru>
To:        tom@uniserve.com (Tom)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MySQL on 2.2.6-BETA

> > Is there anybody successfully using MySQL on 2.2.6-beta with libc_r
> > threads? I mean MySQL 3.21.26.
> >
> > All compiles ok, and appears to work ok for some time, but:
> >  1) `mysqladmin shutdown' does nothing
>
>   Hmmm, you are right.  I could have sworn that this was working
> fine with a previous version of MySQL..., but I shut mysql down so
> infrequently.

So am I :)

But I'm planning to move from 3.20.x with mit-threads to 3.21.x with
libc_r and so I'm looking for possible bugs..

What version do you mean, that has no such flaw? May be to look into
changes..

> >  3) `thr_alarm' locks forever
>
>   What is this?

Sorta test suite for threads - located in mysys/ in mysql sources.

The perfomance (on PII-266) is just great. Incomparable to mit-thread
baesd 3.20 - at least ten times faster..