Date:      Thu, 1 Sep 2011 02:40:12 -0700
From:      Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ruby@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ruby port advice needed [Was: rubyripper-0.6.0_1 failed on amd64 9]

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 08:28:16 +0000
Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org> mentioned:

> Hi there,
>
> There is a ruby-written port I maintain, and several months ago it was
> working just fine.  However, apparently, our default Ruby bits got updated
> or something, and now it currently does not build as quoted in pointyhat
> log below (trimmed for your convenience).
>
> I'm not a Ruby expert; perhaps someone can take a look and explain what
> should be done to remedy the problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ./danfe

Hi!

It turned out the ruby-gettext method your port is using has triggered
a bug in the new version of rubugems.  I filed the issue with the upstream.

Nonetheless, the Gem::all_load_paths method gettext is using is deprecated,
so we probably need to patch it in the gettext anyway.  Unfortunately,
it seems that upstream no longer supports this library, so I'll try to
figure out how to patch the gem port tomorrow.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE