Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 10:40:37 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: CAM changes

sthaug@nethelp.no wrote...
> > > NOTE:  I would really like to hear from NCR owners about these changes.
> > > Justin and I made a small negotiation change in the NCR driver that should
> > > mean that people with 875's and the like should get Ultra speeds without
> > > putting options in their kernel.
> >
> > For the record, I get Ultra speed w/o any problems on my 875 even without
> > these changes. YMMV of course.
>
> Same here, running a kernel somewhere between 3.0 and 3.1, and (now)
> 3.1-STABLE. Never had a problem with Ultra speeds for the 875.

Good, glad to hear it.  I probably should have explained what we changed in
the NCR driver.

Some of the NCR/Symbios boards have clock doublers or clock quadruplers.
The change only affects those boards.  Boards with clock doublers or
quadruplers are:  875 with a revision of 2 or greater, 875j, 885, 895, and
896.

And it only seems to make a difference when the BIOS is enabled on the
card.  You've got a rev 3 875.  I assume the BIOS is enabled for your
card?

> ncr0: <ncr 53c875 fast20 wide scsi> rev 0x03 int a irq 10 on pci0.10.0

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com