Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 17:03:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      joed@ksu.edu
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maintainer of ft/lft

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > Do I need to go into the whole "VHS sucks, but it still won over Beta"
> > > discussion again?
> >
> > QIC is QIC...  interchangable...  interoperable...  do you have the
> > standards documents?  i do...
>
> Are these sufficient to write a driver that works with all QIC-117
> drives?
>
> If so, I withdrawl the aspersion, and would be *very* happy to know
> where you got the documentation.  I would probably even be willing
> to work on a driver for the IOmega tape drive, if you have a source
> for the technical documents not under non-disclosure; seeing as it's
> also QIC-117 and they are standard, it should be easy to write with
> QIC-117 documentation available.
>

>From the time I spent looking around in QIC-117 and related standards,
there should be little problem with developing for QIC-80 revision c and up
using the standards...  QIC-3010, 3020, and 40 I'm not as sure about as
I didn't spend as much time looking in those standards.

I would do this myself if I had the time and resources, or I would do so.

I don't have the contact information for getting the QIC standards
readibly accessable, but I can go digging for it if someone wants me to

---
Joe Diehl <joed@ksu.edu>
PGP Key: finger joed@unix.ksu.edu