Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:46:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
To:        "James C. Cox" <JCox@futuresource.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Net. Install

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, James C. Cox wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thought I would have a look at your Unix product to familiarise my
> self with some Unix like systems but am running into some problems with
> the initial install.
>
> I have made the boot disk from the image file from your web site and let
> it auto boot the OS into the kernel Configuration screen.  >From here I
> have set-up the various drivers for my hardware with no conflicts,
> including the Intel EtherExpress pro/10 Ethernet adapter.  Unfortunately
> the last section of the probing screen scrolls by to quickly to see if
> the ex0 device was initialised.
If you hit the scrool lock key, you can scroll up and down using the
up/down arrow keys to check on the driver.  This is probably what you
need.
Also, are you sure that's the right driver?  I don't know; it's not
commented in my LINT file or one the website that I can see; someone else
will have to answer this.

> >From within the install application I have created the master partition
> and then sub-partitioned this into:  / swap /usr and then Selected the
> distributions to extract.
> The next section is where I am having the problem.
> Media
> FTP passive
Use this mode only if you're behind a firewall.

> Network interface information required.
> There is no option to install via my network, all I get are the serial port or parallel port options, and as I have a T1 link to the Internet via my network it was my intention to use this.
> Any suggestions.
>
> With regards
> James

|       FreeBSD; the way computers were meant to be       |
* "The only reason I'm burning my candle at both ends, is *
| that I haven't figured out how to light the middle yet."|
*    fullermd@futuresouth.com      :-}  MAtthew Fuller    *
|      http://keystone.westminster.edu/~fullermd          |