Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:33:02 -0600
From:      Richard DeLaurell <richard.delaurell@gmail.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        "mail.list freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: problems w/ touching all files?

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010, Richard DeLaurell wrote:
>
>  I made a big mistake the upshot of which is that many of my files
>> (including
>> many port/makefiles) have the wrong date.
>>

> Which date, where?  Modification date?  What is the wrong value they have
> now?

Modification date.  It is correct except the year is '11 rather than '10.

 As a result, I get a lot of failures when trying to install from ports.

I have been unable to recreate the error today for some reason.

I installed a few small ports (xminesweeper, e.g.), but those went in
smoothly.

I haven't tested it, but it may be that the error occurs only when upgrading
a port; make complains that the "new" port is older than the existing.

I will try a few more installs to see which throw the error and try to
relate same on the list for future interest.

I think it might be best just to wait until the next "backup, upgrade,
restore" cycle, like maybe when 8.1 or 8.2 comes out to fix it more
permanently.

In any event, thanks for the help.

Richard