Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 1998 22:35:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        "James D. Butt" <jbutt@mwci.net>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Luis_E=2E_Mu=F1oz=22?= <lem@cantv.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [fbsd-isp] Designing for a very large ISP

For a client/workstation environment, NFS is really cool. For an ISP, I
do not see any place it would be _required_ or recommended unless you
were maintaining user shell space, which most places don't do. It adds
lots of network and CPU overhead, and a considerable risk, so it is best
suited for a "trusted" or secure environment, like behind a firewall,
where it doesn't get hit by the outside world.

Them maintenance is fairly simple. If you can figure out serial
networking, NFS is a breeze! :)

Kevin