Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:29:36 +0100
From:      Charlie Clark <charlie@begeistert.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New user problems with FreeBSD 5.0

Hi,

I'm fairly new to BSD and have a question on what to do when I have a problem installing the system. I have
checked the documentation and searched the website but have not found anything yet.

I am running a Sony VAIO PCG-GR114EK and the system hangs when it gets to the cardbus. I've seen that this
has already been submitted as a problem report. How do I get the system to boot and thus install from CD
without this module? I've tried disable-module but it says it can't find the module I'm trying to disable.
I'm used to BeOS where it's possible to disable the computer BIOS when there are problems which is
necessary on this machine. Is something similar possible with FreeBSD?

Thank you very much

Charlie Clark