Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:56:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        alirezamahini@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is the best IDE for C++programming in FreeBSD4.4?

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 01:12:57 +0300
> On 2002-10-08 16:14, Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> wrote:
> > At 2002-10-08T18:49:17Z, alireza mahini <alirezamahini@yahoo.com> writes:
> > > I am Alireza and i am a young c++ developer in freebsd.  I am working with
> > > freebsd4.4 and i need an IDE for programming in C or C++ languages such as
> > > KDvelop.  Please guide me about this .
> >
> > I love Emacs.  Edit, compile, build, test, and debug in one application.
> > You can also read your mail, prioritize your to-do list, manager your
> > calendar, and be psychoanalyzed without swapping programs.  :)
>
> Some will argue that this last part is a result of too many straight
> hours of typing "fatalities" on a terminal :P

Editor questions in Unix mailing lists. Ha!

To the original poster - if you're just looking for a simple editor for
C/C++ with syntax highlighting, try 'nedit' in the ports tree. Try "code
crusader" (jcc, also in the ports tree) if you want simple
function-surfing and class-tree layout abilities.

Emacs isnt an editor, it's a window manager and an applicatoin suite.

nedit + make = IDE

;-)

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg