Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 98 14:24:04 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        thallgren@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   compat slice

Hello,

I've attempted something similar on my home box and I screwed up
everything.
I had a -Stable partition and I've added a 3.0-Release partition.
The net result was I could no more boot the Stable partition. (in fact, I
wanted to clone my first Stable partition to make the aout-to-elf Stable
to Current transition)

I haven't investigated to know wether this is a limitation of FreeBSD or
BootEasy (very likely the latter's fault).

My solution : use a second disk and have one bootable FreeBSD partition
on each disk (this works : I have it now on my box)

	Hope this helps

	TfH