Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2015 18:15:49 +0100
From:      Svatopluk Kraus <onwahe@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: interrupt framework

Considering that our work could be the framework and even for more
archs, I like to ask what should be optimalized?

(1) The framework is based on an interrupt source structure. Should it
be transparent for controllers with a set of interface functions or
should it be public for them?

(2) We are using KOBJ methods as controller's interface now. However,
there is a table of functions used in i386 arch.

(3) Could be the new INTR_SOLO method how to handle an interrupt
useful for other archs? If so, it will be nice to try to import it
somehow to MI interrupt event in kern_intr.c. For example, there is a
timer interrupt in i386 arch which is handled without MI interrupt
framework to be really fast.

Svata