Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:51:24 +0200
From:      Ewald Jenisch <a@jenisch.at>
To:        Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation on HP Proliant via iLO -> "Error mounting /dev/acd0 on /dist"

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 06:36:39PM -0600, Tim Judd wrote:

> Most remote management devices like Dell's DRAC and HP's iLO should
> present the drive to the OS as a USB rom.  The new IPMI management
> cards are still unknown.

Oops, now I understand.

Just curious: Why can the machine boot off the CD/DVD then during
installation goes south - shouldn't it be either "I recognize this
drive" or "I don't recognize this drive"?

> The acd0 is an ATAPI/IDE device.  Here's what I'd try.  Two options...
>
> 1) Boot the livefs ISO and do a ftp/http install

Thanks much for the hint. I think I'm going this way since the
installation runs perfectly to right after formatting the partitions
on the HD is done.

Best regards,
-ewald