Date:      31 Jul 2001 19:44:12 +0200
From:      Wouter Cuypers <voutah@detroit.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS setup problems

Hi,

I was trying to setup a NFS server on our home network. After following
the online tutorial on freebsd.org i cannot mount a directory on my
linux machines.
"mount -t nfs plexus:/home" returns "mount: RPC: timeout" (plexus is the
FreeBSD server on 10.0.0.1)

My /etc/exports looks like this:

/home 10.0.0.2
/nfs -alldirs -maproot=0 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.3
/nfs -alldirs -ro 10.0.0.4

rc.conf contains:

portmap_enable="YES"
nfs_server_enable="YES"
nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 4"
mountd_flags="-r"

The linux is a fresh Mandrake 8.0 and it's supposed to have NFS client
support by default. No kernel changes were made.

Bye,