Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 1995 21:29:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        steve2@genesis.tiac.net (Steve Gerakines)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: kernel page fault while doing tar to /dev/rft0

> > Yes, it is a derefernced null some place in the Driver, some one
> > is suppose to be working on fixing this but I have not heard from
> > them in 2 months :-(.
>
> About three weeks.  I just finished getting settled from a big move
> from my apartment.  Fun stuff.

It was not you I was refering to :-).

> In one of your previous messages I could've sworn you said you
> were going to take care of this.  It's being caused by a call to
> the strategy routine in ft which is supposed to do nothing except return
> an I/O error on the buffer.  This worked okay under 1.1.5 but since I'm
> not running 2.0 yet I have no idea why it is broken.

And that is why I forwarded it on to someone else, I lost the tape drive
I had here (it was only here for a system build so I had a very small
window to intergrate and test your 1.x changes into 2.0, which I did
get done.  I ran out of time debugging the null derefernece, I passed
this on to some one else after putting them within 10 lines of the
problem.

I just looked up my invoice for that order and it was shipped on March 27th,
so infact it has been > 2 months!