Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2011 09:25:16 -0700
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mozilla retires Firefox 4 from security support

--/unnNtmY43mpUSKx

Quoth Jerry on Thursday, 23 June 2011:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:02:23 -0400
> Robert Huff articulated:
>=20
<snip>
>=20
> The best part is that many of my "add-ons" again no longer work. From
> what I can see in the ports system, and I may be wrong, there is not an
> option to use the version 4 either although remnants of version 3x
> seem to still be available. It appears that a user is forced into
> version 5 from version 4. Wow, and people bitch about Microsoft's update
> policies.
>=20

Yes, Pentadactyl for one.  Upgrading to its nightly build version makes
it work, sort of.  Looks like text fields no longer scroll properly.
This is taking the Google-led trend of "beta is the new release" to
extremes.

--=20
=2EO. | Sterling (Chip) Camden      | http://camdensoftware.com
=2E.O | sterling@camdensoftware.com | http://chipsquips.com