Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 96 12:34:40 -0800
From:      "Andrzej M. J." <andreas@xmission.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ATAPI CDROM

Hi,
I did buy a few days ago FreeBSD 2.1 from WALNUT CREEK.
When I try to install it, I can see the kernel recognize my secondary
EIDE controler, where is connected my CDROM ("NEC MultiSpin 4v" as
master) but it can't recognize my CDROM drive (yes, CD is inside the
drive). The CD drive work propertly with LINUX, WIN-NT, WIN-95 and
DOS.
I don't have room on DOS partition to copy installation files from
the FreeBSD CDROM and I don't have tape backup, so I can't remove
it temporary.

Please give me some sugestions.

Thanks, Andre