Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 10:06:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Don Read <dread@texas.net>
To:        joe <joe.kamm@wnonline.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: question re: init string in ppp.conf

On 15-Aug-00 joe wrote:

> i was wondering where i can safely place an init string in the set dial
> line before ATDT, i attempted
>
> set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0
> OK \\dAT&FB0\\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

Generally, you would want it as the first command :

set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT&FB0 OK-ATE1Q0-OK ...

What does AT&FB0 do ?

try using the command with cu or tip. does it cause DSR to toggle ?

>    ^^^^^^^^^
> apparently that isn't correct because my ppp won't work at all, can anyone
> provide some assistance?  i've been working on getting this box up and
> going and i think i am just getting a little frustrated now more than
> anything :/
>
> tia,
>
> -jk
>
> ---
> Joe Kamm              <joe.kamm@wnonline.net>

Don Read                                      dread@texas.net
--- "Stop telling God what to do" - Niels Bohr to A. Einstein