Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:14:00 -0700
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt@azstarnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Newbie Install document

Greetings to all.

I joined this list as a result of receiving comments about a newbie install
of freebsd 2.2.5 that I wrote as a contribution to our local users group(
http://www.treefort.org/~rpratt/bsdinstall/bsdnewbie.html ). A preview of
the installation screens was something that I thought would have been
useful before I first installed freebsd.

It was a real morale boost for this newbie, to say the least. :-)

Of course, when Jordan asked, I agreed to continue work and maintain the
document. Its been moved to http://www.freebsd.org/~rpratt/bsdnewbie.html
and I'm completely open to suggestions on ways to improve it and coordinate
the style. Of course, a lot of credit has to go to Greg Lehey's book and
the other documents at freebsd.org.

I'm working on a 2.2.7 installation and have suscribed to future releases
to keep the document current. I'll mention it here when I post that version.

I'm pleased that there's something I can contribute and appreciate any
thoughts you might have.

Regards,
Randy