Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:13:07 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <Matthias.Apitz@Sisis.de>
To:        "Larry S. Marso" <larry@marso.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: modem on /dev/cuaa1 appears wedged

On Mon, Nov 09, 1998 at 02:55:14PM -0500, Larry S. Marso wrote:
> I am receiving this message after moving from 3.0-Release back to an
> earlier version of 3.0-current.
>
> What does it mean that a modem appears "Wedged"?

The message says it all: HylaFAX can't talk to the modem. It may
be off, broken, without cabling or something else.

	matthias

> On Mon, Nov 09, 1998 at 02:40:10PM -0500, The HylaFAX Receive Agent wrote:
> > The HylaFAX software thinks that there is a problem with the modem
> > on device /dev/cuaa1 that needs attention; repeated attempts to
> > initialize the modem have failed.
> >
> > Consult the server trace logs for more information on what is happening.

firm: matthias.apitz@sisis.de [voc:+49 89 61308 351, fax: +49 89 61308 188]
priv: guru@thias.muc.de
 WWW: http://www.sisis.de/~guru/

UNIX, Windows95 and WindowsNT -- also known as the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.