Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2011 00:17:04 +0100
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Webcamd testers wanted on FreeBSD 8.2

speaking of webcamd, any idea on how to debug operation
of skype and webcamd ?

The thread at

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2010-October/011327.html

indicates the problem and shows symptoms.
The most recent version of webcamd (0.1.18) now supports
more of my webcams but still with similar problems.

If (as it seems) the problem is related to the output format
generated by the camera, i wonder if it is possible to
tweak webcamd to generate a specific video format
on startup, irrespective of the native camera format ?

I am under the impression (perhaps wrong) that webcamd
(or libv4l1) implements some conversion of the native formats ?

cheers
luigi