Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 1997 07:34:07 +0000
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
To:        pechter@lakewood.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad Dock 1 SCSI controller SOLVED!! :)

> > Well after hours and hours I've finally figured out how to get
> > FreeBSD to run on on my thinkpad 750P with a Dock I station...
> > actually I was originally convinced it was not support and found a
> > piece of the puzzle in some LINUX Red Hat documentation.... I
> > actually had to combine info from 4 different sources.. but hey.. IT
> > WORKS!  If anyone has any questions on the Dock I please don't
> > hesitate to ask... now I just need to figure out the correct device
> > name of my trackpoint II mouse!! any help?

> What was the fix on the scsi?

    You need to modify the Seagate driver as follows:

    IRQ=11
    Flags=0x10
    Mem start location=CA000

    The hardest part figuring out that the Dock I has a Future Domain
TMC controller.   Unfortunately the diagnostic disk that comes with
it claims the controller is a TCC 850/860/875/885 class... most of
which FreeBSD does not support... but the sea0 driver does recognize
it as a TMC 950.

> The trackpoint II is /dev/psm0 (ps/2 mouse) on my thinkpad 365CSD.

    You know I tried that during my Xwindow config and it didn't
work...

Michael G.