Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 02:46:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Font <font@Mcs.Net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   option NETATALK in 2.2.5R

FYI:

I added "option NETATALK" to a kernel configuration file that, aside from
having a number of network and disk devices commented out, was
substantially unchanged from GENERIC.  This resulted in a kernel file that
was 2512988 bytes, a much larger number than was expected (GENERIC is
1457189).  This resulting kernel file hung as soon as the kernel was
loaded (it never got to process -c flags).  I haven't yet compiled the
netatalk software itself on this system (P200, 32M, 3C509, wd0 only).

Removing this option and remaking the kernel resulted in a perfectly
working kernel.  If there's something I've missed, please let me know.
This did work with 2.2.2R.

If there are releases past 2.2.5 that I can help test to see if this
problem is eliminated, I will be happy to help.  I'm not skilled enough
with AppleTalk in general to be able to debug the kernel source itself,
unfortunately.

dw
--
A bug in my MUA causes news.announce.newusers                            font
to be sent to beneficiaries and senders of UCE/SPAM.                        @