Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 20:30:44 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Xavier_Alfeir=E1n_S=2E?= <xavier@labna.itmerida.mx>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Preparing to install NATD

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 01:18:48PM -0500, Xavier Alfeirán S. wrote:
> I'm want to configure NATD, on a Pentium II, FreeBSD 4.0 box, it s
> connected to a NT LAN, I'm going to used as a proxy, Where, all the
> computers are in the same net. I thought that I would need two NIC's so
> I put them, and gave this configuration:
> device	    IP	  	   Gateway	     host name
> fxp0	200.34.128.7	200.34.128.254	    chichen.itmerida.mx
> vx0	192.168.0.1	200.34.128.254	    nexus.itmerida.mx
>
> Now, I can see chichen from outside, but not nexus. when I'm in the
> console, I can ping chichen, nexus, and the internet, and I have a
> response.
>
> Now, I don't know if I went to far, so I need some advice to configure
> this server, so I can take the next step doing the NATD thing.

I am not sure what you mean by that table. I would assume you mean
that you have given your interfaces the following addresses,

  fxp0: 200.34.128.254/24
   vx0: 192.168.0.1/24

And that you have told the machine the default route is
200.34.128.254. Above you say the interfaces have gateways, which
does not make much sense to me.

To have natd(8) start up at a reboot, add

  natd_enable="YES"
  natd_interface="fxp0"
  firewall_enable="YES"
  firewall_type="open"
  gateway_enable="YES"

To your /etc/rc.conf. If you have a custom firewall, make
modifications accordingly.

You have rebuilt a kernel with divert(4) enabled tho', right?

If you want to fire things up manually, it's not too tough, but order
is important, so I'll skip it for now.