Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 1996 09:38:07 -0600
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        aagero@aage.priv.no, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: xmcd v2.0 CD-audio player (fwd)

>Yep, ran the script and everything almost got installed correctly. The
>"deviceInterfaceMethod" was incorrectly set to "1" which is the
>"SunOS/Linux ioctl method". However, my CD drive is a SONY CDU33A,
>which might be causing the problems.

Yeah, maybe that could cause the problem.  The deviceInterfaceMethod
should be set to 2 (FreeBSD ioctl method) for your CD-ROM drive, right?

I'm all SCSI here, so I don't have anything similar I could test with.
If you can figure something out by looking at the source code and come
up with a patch, I'll be happy to build you another one to try.

>| What version of the kernel are you running?
>
>Very recent current.

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org