Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 97 12:40:09 PST8
From:      sdginn@CCGATE.HAC.COM
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gateway over Dynamic IP address

        Hello I am running FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE and have ip forwarding
     enabled and GATEWAY=YES in the /etc/sysconfig and my gateway seems to
     be working fine. I have 3 computers total on my network, The FreeBSD
     machine which is connected to the modem and 2 Windows 95 Machines and
     the windows 95 machines seem to work fine on IRC, WWW, FTP. But just
     the other day i attempted to play Quake on a server of my friends and
     it said it couldn't find it.. But yet everyone i knew said it was
     there. And another thing is that DCC Chatting cannot be initiated by
     ME in IRC. So the question is, Can i some how enable and alias or is
     there a 3rd Party program that will do a completely flawless gateway?
     Or do i have to have another IP address assigned to my other machines.
     That really isn't an option, i have already asked my ISP if i could
     get some static ip's but cannot. So that cant be a solution so I'm
     hoping there is another way to get this to work. I would appreciate
     any help you guys could give me.

                                                Sincerely,
                                                        Scott Ginn