Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 21:35:00 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Cc:        Paul Chvostek <paul@it.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup

From: Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 10:53:35AM -0500

> On 25-Aug-2001 Paul Chvostek wrote:
> >
> > Sure it'll work...  Edit your /etc/make.conf and add
> >
> > SUPHOST=        cvsup.xx.FreeBSD.org
> >
> > replacing xx with something appropriate.  This didn't always work,
> > but it sure has for the last few 4.x releases.
>
> That works fine if you do "make update", but not if you invoke cvsup manually.

And we come to the wonderful conclusion that it will work if you `do
the proper things'.  I've seen a few different definitions of `proper'
in this thread.  Some of them actually work, too.  But we're arguing
that `my way to skin cats is better than your way' folk :/

Yes, FreeBSD can be updated.  Yes, instructions on CVSup upgrades can
be found in many places.  But they can also be found at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ and that is the way to go :)

-giorgos