Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:21:05 +0200
From:      martin hudec <corwin@aeternal.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portsnap and updates using cron

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

Hello,

  I am using portsnap to update my ports tree like following:

  1. Calling portsnap cron from root's cron
  2. Updating ports tree using portsnap -I update from root's cron

  But it does not update anything by portsnap cron. In
  /usr/local/etc/portsnap.conf I have:

  WORKDIR=3D/usr/local/portsnap
  PORTSDIR=3D/usr/ports

  Files in WORKDIR are dated to Aug 25. So I assume calling portsnap
  cron results in failure (both with -f /usr/local/etc/portsnap.conf or
  without it).

  Can anyone advise me on this one please?

--=20
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin@aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible=20
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--