Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 08:24:50 -0800
From:      "Ulf Zimmermann" <ulf@z-code.ncd.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   How about a Modem or ISDN dial up ?

Hi.

After I called so many ISP's in the bay area and no one is offering me the
service I would like to get, I am planning to get a T1 for home. As this would
be a little bit more expensive, I got the following idea:

I have 2 IP class C networks. So if you are in local call reach to Alameda
(510-865 or 510-521) I would offer 24h dedicated dial-up. The costs would not
be under the cost of normal ISP's, but we should be able to get our service
better running ;-) Everyone can get a 3 or 4 bit subnet, even more is possible.
DNS, News and so on will also be running at my home site.

So how about that idea ? Write :) or send suggestions.

Ulf.

--
Ulf Zimmermann, NCD Software, 101 Rowland Way, Suite 300, Novato, CA 94945
phone: 415-899-7941, email: ulf@z-code.ncd.com, phone-home: 510-865-0204