Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:04:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble executing from NFS with latest 4.0-current

:Execute anything from NFS would result in an "Input/output error", but if I do
:a hexdump of the executable first, the execution would be successful. If I
:reverse the order, i.e., execute first then hexdump, execution would fail and
:hexdump would hang at "pgtblk". No problem with FFS.
:
:-lq

    Hmmm.  It's working fine for me between two FreeBSD boxes.  Do a
    cvs diff against your entire /usr/src/sys tree first to make
    sure you are up to date on all the patches.

    If it's still broken, we need to identify whether it is NFSV2, V3,
    and whether the problem is related to FreeBSD<->FreeBSD or FreeBSD
    w/ some other platform.  Also any mount options, such as read and
    write buffer settings, etc...

					-Matt

					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>