Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 1995 17:02:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        - PiT - <pit@mail.nws.orst.edu>, Jaime Bozza <wheelman@max.tiac.net>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.0.5 Problems

On Thu, 8 Jun 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > 	Hmmm, the installation never did use the root.flp but only the
> > boot.flp.
>
> It fetches root.flp from wherever you got the rest of the bits.
> I'll check to see if there's a sync problem somewhere.

	Oh okay...

> > 	I don't know but I remember someone reporting the same problem.
> > In the disklabel thing, it put wd0s0 before the other FreeBSD slices so
> > that's what happened in /etc/fstab
>
> No, the order it shows in disklabel has _NOTHING_ to do with the
> order in /etc/fstab!  Like I said, it's sorted so /usr/dos1 should
> go after /usr.

	Hmmm, I guess somehow it is writing the /etc/fstab wrong then
since the /dev name for the dos slice is before the FreeBSD slices and it
just put all the slices in the order /dev is in...

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!