Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:59:38 +0200
From:      Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>
To:        "Verbeek, Maarten" <Maarten.Verbeek@ordina.be>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD router

--Sig_MLIdw/y4w5fjndNeJrwz=oi

"Verbeek, Maarten" <Maarten.Verbeek@ordina.be> wrote:

> i'm busy creating a a http-proxy server/router with FreeBSD 6.2, but
> somewhere along the line i'm doing things wrong i think.

What exactly did you do so far and how is it failing?
 =20
> situation: network 172.45.x.x/12 -----FREEBSD ROUTER -----
> 192.168.3.x/16 ------ firewall.
> =20
> The defaultroute will be the ip-adress of the firewall, being
> 192.168.3.1.

The defaultroute on which system?

> i won't be needing a firewall or NAT on the machine, since the only
> traffic to the internet will be HTTP and that will be handled by the
> proxy server.
>=20
> But all the howto's handle firewalls and HTTP. Anyone knows a good page
> with information on doing this without a firewall and NAT.

It's not clear to me what exactly you're trying to do.
Which systems are supposed to use the proxy?
Are these systems configured to use the proxy
or should the proxy intercept their requests?
Which proxy do you use?

Building a router and a http proxy are two different
problems and maybe you should solve them one at the time.

Fabian=20