Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 1996 19:34:01 -0500
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        khetan@iafrica.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xhost

>Hi all.
>
>Everytime I run xdm, I then have to login as root, xhost + and
>then restart xdm.
>
>Anyway I can get xhost to retain it's settings permanently (i.e. xhost +
>- all clients)  ? It doens't seem to retain settings.....
>
>---
>Khetan Gajjar
>Visit at http://www.iafrica.com/~khetan/
>Pipex-Internet Africa Operations
>help@iafrica.com or  0800-030-002

Look at /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession.  You can tailor this to
suit your needs.  Add an "xhost +" to just the default startup
if you want to allow a user to specify his own remote accesses
via his/her own .xsession.

Alternatively, you can create your own ${HOME}/.xsession and the
xdm will run your .xsession instead of the default system .xsession.
Then, you/each user can tailor your own .xession to allow remote
connections.

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org