Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:45:00 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help diagnosing system hangs?

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:50:36 -0700, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions
you wrote:

>I've recently been experiencing frequent hangs with FreeBSD =
5.3-RELEASE-p20.
>Strangely, this didn't appear to happen with 5.3-RELEASE or before
>a few months ago.

There are a lot of bugs that have been fixed since  5.3-p20. So even
if you dropped into the debugger and found what was going on, chances
are good that its a bug that has already been fixed. I would go to
RELENG_5 if you can, or even RELENG_6 if you wait another week or two.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa, Sentex communications http://www.sentex.net
Providing Internet Access since 1994
mike@sentex.net, (http://www.tancsa.com)