Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 1996 13:51:55 +0200
From:      John Williams <jwilliams@mail.jhubc.infn.it>
To:        support@cdrom.com
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1 and sysinstall

I installed FreeBSD 2.1 from a Mitsumi 2x-speed ISA CD drive, and
sysinstall worked fine.  Anytime I use the boot floppy to start FreeBSD,
sysinstall finds the CD drive.

However, when running sysinstall from /stand/sysinstall it does not find
the CD drive.  The drive is mountable and readable from the command
line.  I have tried sysinstall with the drive mounted and unmounted.

Sysinstall also refuses to run "Add Network interfaces" to configure a
ethernet card.

Regards,

John
--
John Williams, Technical Services Librarian
Johns Hopkins University SAIS Bologna Center