Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:28:10 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 100Mbps ether for PCCARD?

In article <199806091048.DAA13823@silvia.HIP.Berkeley.EDU>,
Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:

>  * Mr. Arai said PLANET FNW-3600-T is the OEM of LINKSYS EtherFast
>  * 10/100 and it is woking under ed driver with a patch.
>
> Thanks!  I got it to work with PAO-980430 (2.2.6R).  Boy this thing is
> slow (something like 1.2MB/s over a 100Mbps link) but it's good enough
> for my purpose (connect the laptop to a stupid 100Mbps hub). :)

But gee ... the LinkSys web site says, "the EtherFast 10/100 PC Card
includes a 32KB buffer for the fastest file transfers around, low
voltage operation that's perfect for energy-sensitive notebooks, hot
swap compatibility, and advanced error correction. With its 16-bit
architecture, plug-and-play compatibility, complete software suite,
and free technical support, there's no faster way to get networked
..."

Hmm, Satoshi Asami or the LinkSys marketing staff ... whom to
believe, whom to believe??

;-)