Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:25:50 -0700
From:      nick holley <nick.holley@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD 5.3-STABLE and 200GB USB2 drive

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:54:40 +0100, Darksidex <humprhey@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:19:40 +0100, Darksidex <humprhey@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > That is my problem. I have updated my system to 5.3, and I tried to
> > > mount my USB2.0 drive (with 200GB), and the system can't mount it. I
> > > had heard that this FBSD version was able to mount this kind of
> > > drives, it is true? In that case, what I have to do?
> > >

> > Can you be a little more specific? What errors (if any) do you
> > receive? Does the system detect the drive? etc.
> >
> > Nick
> >

> mountmsdosfs(): disk too big (or something like this at this moment I
> dont remember)
> My systems detects the unit, in /dev/da0s1
> #: mount_msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /internet (/internet directory exists)

I'm want to say that your problem is exactly what it says. I think
that FreeBSD can only deal with a fat32 partition up to a certain
size. You might try to find some information on this or ask on the
questions list. You might try splitting it into a couple of different
partitions and seeing if that solves your problem.

Nick